This intensive course, consisting of 48 lessons over ten days, will cover the following topics:
- Listening and Note Taking: This will focus on listening in lectures for gist and key information; making concise and understandable notes.
- Discussing Academic Topics in English: Participants will learn a range of interactive expressions useful for classroom discussions and will practise these during the course.
- Presentation Skills: We will work on building confidence and managing presentations. Participants will give a mini-presentation during the course and receive feedback from peers and the teacher.
- Grammar Refresher: This will involve the aspects of grammar pertinent to academic writing, such as tenses, use of the passive, articles, relative clauses, punctuation etc.
- Vocabulary: This will include awareness-raising activities, especially on collocations.
- Academic Writing Skills: This will include aspects such as text structure, cohesive devices and academic style. Participants will have the chance to work on writing an academic essay and receive feedback on their essay from the teacher.
Carolyn Skelton MA, MSc
Course Date & Registration
The next course will take place from Monday 29 August to Friday 9 September 2022 (Course number 1,816,1.00).
Registration open until 21 August 2022
You can bindingly register for the course by following the link on the right-hand side to the reservation platform.
The course will cost CHF 420.- (course materials of CHF 20.- included).
|Monday, 29 August 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30
|Tuesday, 30 August 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30; 13:30-15:00
|Wednesday, 30 August 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30
|Thursday, 1 September 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30; 13:30-15:00
|Friday, 2 September 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30
|Monday, 5 September 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30
|Tuesday, 6 September 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30; 13:30-15:00
|Wednesday, 7 September 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30
|Thursday, 8 September 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30; 13:30-15:00
|Friday, 9 September 2022: 9:00-10:30; 11:00-12:30